Hello, people of the internet!
I am back to my old habits of taking part in tags, despite not being tagged in the first place! Oh, old habits do die hard, don’t they? Well, with me anyway…Here is a tag I’ve found while looking for blog post inspirations. I can’t find who created this tag, I’m sorry, but I thought I could give some decent answers here and perhaps even give some funny ones? You be the judge!
Here are my answers to the Reader Problems Book Tag!
1) You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I actually have my own little way of choosing books!
I number all my books in consecutive order, then pick 4 numbers randomly (for example: 3, 11, 45 and 17,538). Those will be the first four books I read. Next, I go to someone I know and ask them to pick one of those numbers (without giving context, in my typical fashion). They pick one and that number is the book I will read first out of the four!
It works really well for me and gives each book more of an equal chance of being picked.
2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I am a determined (or stubborn) person and don’t give up in anything I do. Even if the book is poor and the equivalent of chewing gum imprinted on floors, I will read on. Because, who knows? Maybe the ending is wonderful?
3) The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Oh please, I’m NEVER behind on my reading challenge
I do try to catch up. I have, on occasion, stayed up later at night reading to catch up. It’s a successful tactic, but I do try to never be behind on my reading challenge.
4) The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I do my best to think logically. The change of covers don’t affect the quality of the stories themselves.
But, seriously though, I get really annoyed. Like, I even stated that on my “Bookish Confessions” post
I am a logical adult, of course.
5) Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Other members of the online blogging community, who also don’t like it. Maybe friends and family too. Depends on the book itself really.
I’m thinking too deeply about this question…
6) You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I can’t deal with the feels
It is rare for me to cry at books. There have been a few that have, but for the most part, I remain dry-eyed, but breaking down internally. So, if I do cry in public, I can pretend I have something in both my eyes and, if I started choking up, a bad cough.
7) The sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Nah, mate, I NEVER forget!
If I had the time, I would give it a quick reread. If I don’t, I would read the sequel and, hopefully, get reminded of the first book’s events from there.
8) You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
“Hell no, you are not having my previous lovelies! You can fu-“
“I’m sorry, but I’m honestly not comfortable with people borrowing my books.”
9) You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I would give reading a break and watch films, TV shows, plays, YouTube and/or play video games instead. I love stories in general, so it’s not really a problem for me if I get in a reading slump.
10) There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
I will get them all eventually (huh, that sounded ominous). But I would get one/two books straight away, then wait later for my birthday, Christmas, pay day, etc.
11) After you purchase all these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Some I read straight away and some I read a few months later. But for those who read my posts a lot will know I read some books I bought about a year ago. But, I am improving!
And these were my answers to the Reader Problems Book Tag! If you enjoyed this, then I tag you!
Thank you for reading!